With 77 million Baby Boomers contemplating retirement, employment for personal financial advisor is great! With this great generation being, for the most part, unprepared to maintain their lifestyle, many people are looking for financial assistance.
Free time, flexibility and excellent potential earnings are waiting for those who choose to follow this career path.
As with many things, it’s hard way and an easy way to launch a career as a consultant. One is a more difficult trail with obstacles along the way. It begins with an MBA in personal finance and economics and then intensive study of one or more NASD test to become a registered representative.
Then, in order to start your career as it was known as a broker, you need to look professional selling securities for wire houses, broker / dealer or insurance company. Despite strong competition and regulatory compliance monitoring, you will build “Assets under management” in order to satisfy the employer and / or qualify for assistance animals advanced certificate.
There is, however, an alternate route that does not include such a life changing career moves.
For Boomer, fifty-something with a life expectancy of Galapagos sea turtle but with less than two years of income saved for retirement, it is no longer to collect funds. It is about the other three quadrants of the balance sheet or sheet of his that have been largely ignored.
1. How to get the most sustainable lifetime income from the existing portfolio.
2. How to eliminate hidden and / or unnecessary expenses.
3. How to eliminate all debts for retirement.
A true financial advisor should be taken in these areas of concern and to do so does not need a life changing career experience. There are new and innovative financial products and services that effectively address these issues, but are not securities and are not regulated by the NASD and SEC.
If you are contemplating a lucrative and rewarding career as a financial advisor, here are some tips to help you down the path.
1. Be independent. No financial entity that has all the right solutions to all financial problems out there. As an independent financial advisor, you will have the freedom to choose the best financial products and services from different carriers.
2. Be independent but do not walk the route alone. You need a system. Join an independent marketing organization. They will, in exchange for Override commissions from airlines, providing a turn-key system consultant training, product access, provider contracts, and assistance with licensing, marketing and regulatory compliance. Many have spent years developing effective and predictable system to support their network of consultants.
3. Build a professional referral network. Your customers will advise on a range of financial topics, including real estate, tax, insurance, legal contracts, mortgage and consumer finance. Teaming up with some skilled professionals in your vicinity. Refer customers to them and they will refer their clients to you.
4. Do not worry about selling your skills. Many successful consultants are numbers people, and could not sell snow cones in Death Valley. It’s all about location. The model of every successful business is the same. It is a problem. There is a solution. By positioning yourself between the two, you have value and will recognize the value.
5. Do not talk about you or your business. Focus on your prospect / client and ask the right questions. How do you think ….? What will you do about ……? If there was a way to ……, you …..? The art of asking questions is important to success in attracting new customers.
6. Keep communicating with your potential customers. It often requires six or seven exposures to build a successful client relationship. Set up an email system to keep them informed about the latest developments in your industry.
7. Test the water first. Some new consultants run into difficulty because they get excited and spend too much money before they start making money. Keep starting up your expenses under $ 500. At the very least, you’ll get low cost financial education that you can apply to your own situation.
We are on the verge of the largest wealth transfer in history. There is a huge need for qualified financial advisor to lead this story made a generation down the path to financial security. Those who choose this route will find a career that offers a lot of personal satisfaction as well as a significant income potential.