The nuclear industry is experiencing tremendous opportunity in the UK new nuclear power stations is planned on decommissioning of older plants. Since 1960, the rules have gone, computerization, and supply chain management noticed a drastic change. These changes have given rise to many challenges that must be overcome to bring harmony between the actual infrastructure and law instructed regulators.
One of the biggest challenges the nuclear industry faces today is the need to improve documentation. The nuclear industry, like many others, still relies on paper as a medium of recording important information about nuclear power plants and projects. Information about the plant may contain information about the configuration, operation, standard operating procedures for crisis management, and maintenance records. While dealing with this complex information nuclear industry is trying to reach the standards documentation to deal with health, safety and environmental issues. The only way to achieve a standard of data by only the right information to the right people at the right time, to ensure that the right decisions are taken.
Documentation Challenges in the nuclear industry
• Duplication of documents
• Improving the visibility of information
• Ensure the security of important information
• Reduce overhead costs of printing, reproducing and distributing paper documents
• Document traceability years after completing the task
• Increased chaos and inconsistent due to a combination of home-grown solutions
• Lack of integration between various departments solutions within the same organization
• Poor efficiency and accuracy of methods
• Stricter rules and slow approval process
Using a document management system to deal with the documents needed is a way of several companies in the nuclear industry have taken. Strategy to delay the implementation of a Documen tion standard is changing and growing regulatory requirements, a growing number of companies are starting to use technical solutions to manage their documents efficiently. When choosing an electronic document management system must ensure that it succeeds not only documents of all kinds, but it also makes it easier for users to understand the relationship between various documents. We users from numerous departments and teams, document management system must provide a user-friendly interface that is easy presents information based on user roles and requirements.
Poor knowledge about why and how to use the document control system might not intended to apply one. Before choosing a system for your business, you must determine areas / departments will benefit from the use of this technology
In the nuclear industry, document management may be needed in the following areas :.
• Training – INPORT has defined a set of integrated training process that must be followed to the operation and support of existing and new nuclear power plants. Method INPORT of the proposed training needs are identified, training is then developed, implemented and then evaluated to ensure professional development
• Regulatory Compliance -. Effective compliance is the core of all activities in highly regulated industries such as the nuclear industry. Duration nuclear facility based on strict governance that ensures compliance and licensing obligations are met. Lack of compliance can heavily burden companies with penalty costs, regulatory oversight and concerns of customers. In the process of managing compliance, companies may have to ensure information about human, material, and data are stored and managed efficiently. Increased visibility of important information can increase security, reduce risk and ensure compliance throughout the organization. Moreover, a more stringent monitoring of processes & complete audit cycle will reduce the risk of results that lead to shipwreck INSPECTION regulatory framework review
• Project Management -. Managing nuclear project requires a lot of security, control and efficient document management. The project can use various designs, photos, project management software, and process mapping tools would have to be taken in a single system to facilitate ease of use of the key. Managing documents throughout the project life cycle is also called the company. Information may vary depending on the age and type of project control. For a relatively new projects, information can produce as often as every day, wheras, require older project information storage and retrieval routine older documents
• Performance Improvement -. The demand and implementation of performance improvement initiatives The nuclear industry has resulted in improved safety and productivity. The performance improvement model, as the INPORT, incorporates three important branches; performance monitoring, implementation of solutions and identifying, analyzing, and planning solutions. These objectives can be met by benchmarking, self-assessment, observation, action planning, efficiency auditing, reporting, management review and project tasks. By changing technology and the adoption of electronic workflow and document management strategies, the challenge in many organizations is that each of these systems work in silos and do not integrate with each other
• Knowledge -. Allan nuclear project / facility lifecycle information created by knowledgeable employees, are learned, and best practices are created. For the survival and growth of the nuclear industry it is important to store and communicate information in various stages of the project life cycle is. With extensive knowledge and human experience in the nuclear industry environment, there is a need for a method that easily organize and capture information.
Is Electronic Document Management System solution to these challenges?
With the use of electronic document management system, is able to overcome the load to maintain the amount of data and control information. There are many different schools of thought when it comes to applying electronic system for document management, with each one having their own ideology.
Even though the paper-based system is antiquated and cumbersome to manage, it may force some institutions where either the number of documents to be treated is small or the team does not go to the electronic method of data (which is unlikely growing and progressive organization). Electronic document control system will provide long-term savings in cost and time. These savings can be achieved by:
• Faster and better information flow
• Quick adoption process
• Greater visibility of information about the team
• Automatic revision control so that the team, and only reviews LIVE version
• controlled access to data to only key personnel
• Competitive advantage through more effective methods
• Faster Return on investment
With the electronic documentation system, it is a guarantee that none of the processes go unnoticed and / or unsigned everyone is given access to review and propose changes to important documents.
growth of the nuclear sector will also grow on the need to manage information efficiently. Since most of the information in the nuclear industry is stored in documents and stacked on shelves, stakeholders always face issues such as slow response time or delayed document retrieval which have a direct impact on the success of time critical tasks. It is obvious that electronic document control system offers many more advantages than the old-style paper-based system. Before deciding policy wants to take, however, it is important to identify and put documents planning objectives and evaluation of all the options available so that you find the perfect match for your needs.