large part pervasiveness reflected in the government or the public sector involved in the regulation area code enforcement or regulatory environment. All aspects of public activities and actions affect the lives of citizens, homeowners, and business owners, however, actions include implementing regulations, such as regulations, laws and ordinances present one of the biggest potential for receiving resistance and hostility from the public. However, from the beginning, this hostility may be due to direct frustration to be controlled by the government, it is often part of misunderstanding, lack of knowledge of the purposes or in support of specific rules. It is also clear that control the quality of any code enforcement or oversight is detrimental and citizens often feel that the rules seem constantly increase but there is no clear endpoint in sight. Without proper pay, education and continuous improvement of the enforcement of regulations, anxiety on the part of the community is very common, especially in control areas that are regarded as private.
Whether it is a law for swimming pools that require more obstacles Safety and warning for child or ordinance directs landlords use a single family rental property, these types of regulations add on top of personal responsibility, legal responsibility for possible penalties ranging from embarrassment, humiliation, civil fines and even, in rare cases, criminal or any other type of loss. For those of us who work to ensure the safety, health and general welfare of the public, are songs successfully accepted and followed, we need citizen cooperation and trust of the voter to ensure that the laws are successfully accepted and systematically supported.
One way to garner support is by increasing public confidence in the implementation of rules on continuously improving the performance of code execution. Whenever there is a focus on improving the performance of the public sector organization, quality and customer service are two of the main features that sought to achieve this goal. Given the number of enforcement agencies are often not adequately staffed to handle the expectations of citizens and often lack the tools to adequately respond to the concerns and increasing demands, it is necessary to look for ways to improve the quality of code enforcement unit in order to reduce the occurrence of poor enforcement. Customer satisfaction should be the main goal and the ultimate measurement of service quality. Too much emphasis on employees focus on individual productivity or evaluate their performance, and contribute to the team by default, will not have as great an impact as workers who are task-driven, quality-focused, results-oriented and customer-responsive. An employee who has a higher productivity rate which performs menial opinion, will not be as effective as a worker who takes on more cases considered important and meaningful to the community.
Although productivity is important and fundamental measure used to judge the success of the program, priorities and measures need to be put on the activity program to meet the needs of the public and all those who need and value of the service. The following points will help to improve quality and customer service of the program if integrated right into the application
1. Utilizing meaningful surveys to collect public concern and areas where more attention is needed.
2. Empower employees to be responsive to public needs and not overlook the communications received from citizens.
3. Communication with staff to solicit concerns they have received from the public to focus if necessary.
4. Maintain course with the administration, a lawyer, community members and politicians either together or separately to provide updates on the survey results and activities conducted by the staff regularly.
5. Develop and focus on the tasks of the program and provide every worker with clear goals and personal goals for themselves in order to achieve the project plans.
6. Re-emphasize that employees are public servants and we all work for the citizens and educate staff about the political system in your department and how the basic functions of government are intertwined.
7. The process improvement and working knowledge of a part of the individual performance evaluation process so that continuous process improvement and lifelong learning and in-depth knowledge of the ordinance is expected from employees and supports management.
8. Contribute to the team approach to addressing issues, open and honest communication, and focus on the performance of teams’ while reducing cliques or lack of harmony between employees.
9. Provide leadership integration with other management styles so you do not have just one without the other.
10. Finally, pray that employees at all levels to respect each other and the public and often reiterated what this means.
Poor quality from inadequate procedures or training, lack of supervision or issues related to staffing or staff may result in lackluster customer service will only make success much harder. In tough economic times where funding is the main issue, managers still have control over the quality and customer service efforts provided to the staff. In fact, when most of the challenges are affecting the number of enforcement actions unit, it is a time when the emphasis on projects, strengthen high morale and put in place strategies to achieve goals is very important. A number of enforcement officers who shows respect for others from the beginning will often get more game and be able to avoid the conflict, leading to greater support for cooperation and compliance from the public.