The Apostille certificate confirms that the document attached is authentic and has been marked by the relevant authority in the country of origin. When this legal certificate has been attached document is legalized for use abroad and will be taken by the authorities in countries that have joined the Hague Convention. Many countries that have not joined the Convention also recognize apostilled documents.
Why is Apostille needed?
You may need to Apostille certificate when the foreign company or government agency. has requested that you have a document legalized as proof of its authenticity
common instances when you may need to legalize your screen:
- HM documents when applying for a job abroad
- Registering the birth of another country
- Birth and certificate of no impediment for marriage abroad
- Education documents for international students return to their home country
- contracts, affidavits and mandates for UK residents wishing buy property abroad or enter into legal agreements
- company documents when trading internationally Opening personal or business bank account abroad
- This list is just an example of the Apostille may be required and is not the final list.
How to get Apostille stamp?
The Apostille is usually provided by the government. The UK Apostille certificate is a paper attachment is fixed permanently to your documents by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The documents will then be accepted as authentic in some Hague Convention countries. There are many service providers that can assist you with your authorization. This makes the process much simpler and is the fastest option in many cases.
Whatever the reason for having the Apostille stamp or seal contact Apostille service provides free advice. You may only need the Apostille once so make sure to get your things right.